Saturday, December 10, 2011

curtains

Harrumph

Today, like so many days lately, has been marked by a certain, melancholy idleness. Humph. I find myself sitting at my desk staring around with a head full of ideas of things that could come to be actual, but a complete unwillingness to really do any of them...

curtains - I took down a terrible pair of cheap curtains and modified them slightly with the aid of my dusty sewing machine. Halfway through the project I was flooded with ideas on how to make them even more interesting like, say, screenprinting a pattern onto them, or adding a sheer panel behind them, etc. I also became extremely keen on my sewing machine itself! Suddenly I was reminded of great, abandoned projects of yesteryear, and plenty of lofty new possibilities! And then I wanted to paint my bedroom, create a cloth headboard, hang a few new pictures! I went back to my "studio space" after reinstalling said curtains and immediately started rearranging the room, resorting sewing supplies, and pulling out watercolor paints, brushes, and paper...

Right now I have finally settled down, put away the manic overflow of emotions. I am coming to terms with the fact that I had a major art attack mood swing and although it was awesome, it was also sort of crazy. So - is this what you call a creative burst? Have I hit my peak for the year??

{side note: I did not actually paint anything, hang anything, or print anything}

4 comments:

  1. I am always fighting with the urge to organize my surroundings when I should be focused on the project in front of me. And I'm still lusting for a large dumpster to park in my driveway for a month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I get that all the time! So many ideas, and yet sometimes none finished. I have been trying to finish more, and dwell less. It is nice to finish because then you can start anew. :: rc ::

    ReplyDelete