Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Floor 12 Times: a fledgling review

Toronto is a breath of fresh air. Bri Guy and I, together with a pair of our dear friends, visited one of our favorite neighborhoods, the Distillery District this past Saturday. After coming to this city for years, we only discovered this gem of an area when we decided to collect and peruse the Frommer's Travel Guides from all the cities we intend to visit and those we have already had plenty of adventures in. It is amazing how much information is packed into those little books! On this particular tryst we squeezed into what can only be described as the most adorable and authentic looking bakery ever (apologies go out to all other bakeries that I profess to love), the Brick Street Bakery, where I ogled the cookies, breads, and pastries like I had never even heard of sweets before! Of the delightful treats that I sampled (read: ate multiple whole portions of), I will say that the lemon poppy seed cookie is my new love! Move over Brian! It is positively magical, both beautiful to behold and delicious to devour. If you ever find yourself needing a little something yummy and lemony in Toronto, Ontario, this is the place to find it!

lemon & poppy love




No comments:

Post a Comment